Executive Officers Council HBA Connect Rules
HBA Connect is for all Executive Officers and staff of the NAHB. Eligible participants may join the Executive Officers Council HBA Connect by completing the new account form on hbaconnect.nahb.com
The goal of HBA Connect is to provide a forum for EOs and HBA staff to share resources, ask questions, and seek advice on issues related to association management. This is a free service provided by the National Association of Home Builders.
NAHB wants to protect the rights of community users, to comply with copyright and other regulations, and to prevent violations of the law. Therefore, NAHB defines the nature of the agreement one makes if one participates in an email list exchange.
Participation in the HBA Connect is a privilege. Participants in HBA Connect agree to the following terms and conditions. Violations of these terms may result in temporary or permanent revocation of your participation privileges.
- Participants may not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, commercial, or illegal materials.
- Participants may not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. Participants will not use or incorporate the trademarks or trade dress of third parties when posting material to the list serve unless the participant first obtains the consent of the owner of the applicable trademark or other material.
- By posting material, the posting party grants NAHB, the Executive Officers Council and users of HBA Connect the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and otherwise use such information or other material on a complimentary basis.
- Personal or commercial messages are not permitted on HBA Connect. This includes, but is not limited to, posting advertisements or solicitations for products, services, or events on the list serve.
- Anonymous messages are not permitted. Messages lacking appropriate participant identification will be removed as soon as NAHB learns of the posting.
- The HBA Connect member posting material to the community is entirely responsible for the posted content. NAHB staff does not independently undertake editorial control of postings; however NAHB staff does monitor HBA Connect for inappropriate postings. In the event that any inappropriate posting is discovered, any of these rules are violated and the inappropriate posting or rule violation is brought to the staff’s attention, NAHB reserves the right to take appropriate action, including, without limitation, editing, refusal to post, removal of any material, and/or restriction or exclusion of any individual from further use of HBA Connect.
- NAHB reserves the right to update, revise, and/or supplement these terms at any time.
HBA Connect is provided as a service of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). NAHB accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on the site by others. NAHB disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted, whether posted by NAHB or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness.
In no event shall NAHB be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the site.